Thursday 13 January 2011

Round Midnight

Follow my blog with bloglovin


I came across this wonderful artist while exploring different ways of which I could decorative printed images and photographs and turn them into art; in ways of which would allow me to emphasise the imagery in a specific way. 
As a result I came across Maurizio Anzeri an Italian artist who lives and works in London, in order to create his pieces he embroiders directly onto found vintage photographs using fine threads in a very specific, thought out manner. 
He allows his embroidery to further the meaning of the photographs and in some cases convey the emotions and feelings of the person captured.






www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. wow, these are amazing. thanks for bringing his work to my attention!

    ReplyDelete

X THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENT X