Friday 10 May 2013

Project | Material shopping in SoHo


Hi all, just a quick update. :) I have been so busy lately with uni work, I haven't had a chance to do a blog post!

So, here is a little post just to let you all know what I'm up to! Today I visited the Grand Designs Live Exhibition at ExCel which was pretty good, I got free tickets from my university, so there was no excuse not to visit!

I also went material shopping in SoHo, I am still working on my textiles piece, so needed to go and pick out some possible materials.

The shops that I visited are;
 The Cloth House, 47 & 98 Berwick Street, W1F 8SJ
 Borovick, 16 Berwick Street, W1F 0HP 
The Berwick Street Cloth Shop, 14 Berwick Street, London, W1F 0PP
 
I am looking to create my collection using fabric that looks quite raw and textural, alongside metallic, bright harsh colours and laminated areas, to try and reflect the colours and textures in my imagery of the city.

I also want to try and mix in some suede and Corduroy, but getting that many sample of that size was hard work enough.......

you can have a look at my collection of Project posts here.





No comments:

Post a Comment

X THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENT X